Flying to the Texas Big Bend area? Land at Terlingua Ranch Airport 1E2.
Fly in ▶️, have lunch at the Bad Rabbit Cafe, take a dip in our swimming pool (day pass is available) and rent one of our comfy cabin guest rooms. Our cabins, cafe and pool are all within walking distance. Call ahead if you need any addition airport details!
Terlingua Ranch Airport 1E2 (ICAO: #K1E2 | Alpine Texas USA)
LAT 29°27’00.7″N LON 103°23’54.6″W (29.450194,-103.398511)
Elevation: 3769′ (1149m) | Maximum Runway Length: 4700′ (1433m)
CTAF: 122.900; Runway 2/20 (4700′ x 80′) | Surface: Gravel/Dirt (Good condition)
- We strongly recommend landing 20 and takeoff 2 as the strip has a marked up-slope SW plus rising terrain.
- Our airstrip is 180 degrees from Fort Stockton VOR 100 NM and 140 degrees from Marfa VOR 68 NM.
- The nearest AVGAS is at Alpine Municipal Airport, 60 miles north, or Lajitas Airport, 30 miles west.
- Prevailing wind direction is E; seasonal direction in summer is NW and in winter is S.
- Tie-downs are available but bring your own tie ropes.
- To rent a vehicle contact Alpine Auto Rental.