Flying to the Texas Big Bend? Land at Terlingua Ranch Airport 1E2.
Fly in ▶️, have lunch at the Bad Rabbit Cafe, take a dip in our swimming pool and a rent one of our comfy cabin guest rooms. We sometimes have a courtesy van. Our cabins, cafe and pool are all within walking distance. Call beforehand and we will meet you to help with luggage and transport!
Terlingua Ranch Airport 1E2 (ICAO: #K1E2 | Alpine Texas USA)
LAT 29°27’00.7″N LON 103°23’54.6″W (29.450194,-103.398511)
Elevation: 3769′ (1149m) | Maximum Runway Length: 4700′ (1433m)
CTAF: 122.900; Runway 2/20 (4700′ x 80′) | Surface: Gravel/Dirt (Good condition)
- We strongly recommend landing 20 and takeoff 2 as the strip has a marked up-slope SW plus rising terrain.
- Our airstrip is 180 degrees from Fort Stockton VOR 100 NM and 140 degrees from Marfa VOR 68 NM.
- The nearest AVGAS is at Alpine Municipal Airport, 60 miles north, or Lajitas Airport, 30 miles west.
- Prevailing wind direction is E; seasonal direction in summer is NW and in winter is S.
- Tie-downs are available but bring your own tie ropes.
- To rent a vehicle contact Alpine Auto Rental.